Friday, April 26, 2013

I SPY!!!!!







These pictures show the progression of my day...IT WAS WONDERFUL!!!  My friend Chris invited me to help machine quilt the "I SPY" quilt that I have been working on for the last 2 weeks.  (This is the quilt that I had to un-sew 4 rows of awful quilting.)  I got to her home about 9a, we got everything all set up, and began quilting.  This was my very first experience on a long arm machine.  It was very scary, but VERY fun!  I sure hope that she invites me to her creating space again.  It always takes longer then expected.  She had several beautiful "show and tell" projects to show me.  I always get so inspired when I get to see where others create and their stashes.  I came home about 11:30a and ate some lunch.  Then I sewed the binding on and hand sewed it down.  I finished by 3pm.  Now I have another finished project!  Every square is different, with the fun smiling lady bugs on the border.  It measures 59x65.  It is just plain FUN!


I guess I haven't learned to rotate pictures yet, but aren't these colors yummy?  This was a stack of new fabrics Chris had on her desk, for a new project that she is working on.  She is going on a shop hop this weekend, and will get some additional matching fabrics.

My week ended on a very high note, I hope that yours is doing the same.  Have a wonderful relaxing weekend.  I would appreciate your ideas and comments, they make my day!!
Tuesday Archives at Val's Quilting Studio!

4 comments:

Sara said...

How fun to be able to use a long arm!! I know you had a great time!

Lorna McMahon said...

Hi Vicki, Glad to find your blog through your comment left on Crazy Mom Quilts. Wow... that must have been one exciting morning... working on a long arm! Nice quilt! I am looking forward to browsing your other blog posts and following in the future! God bless and have a super weekend!

Amanda Jean said...

your i spy quilt looks great! how fun to be able to quilt it on a long arm. it is so scary and fun, rolled into one, isn't it?

thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Oh what a fun post to rejuvinate at Tuesday Archives!! Email me know if you want to swap some 4 inch squares. I'm collecting again...but this time to make one for my classroom! The kids will love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...