Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Well, pooh...we missed Father's Day!!

I know that I missed Father's Day, but, can't we just give that fishing man in our lives a gift  just because?  Here is a great small quilt that could have so many uses.
 
  
This quilt is called "Fishing Star", measuring 31x31.  I meander quilted it with black thread.  The stars are made from fishing fabric with brown, red, blue, green and off white swirly/spec fabrics.  It will make a great addition to some lucky fisherman's wall, or perhaps a table topper for a mountain cabin by the lake.
 
 
 
I brought two more projects home today.  One that needs the binding sewn down and then hemmed, and one that needs to be completed sandwich style!  Tomorrow is going to be a 'me' day, so I should be able to get them both done.  We shall see how that goes!
 
Don't forget to go by the Let's Get Acquainted - New Bloggers Blog Hop!!  hosted by Beth at Plum and June!!  You can also scroll over to the button on the right, and click on the Blog Hop button.  Below, please find the entire schedule.  I encourage you to visit each site at least once during this month and next, there are so many wonderful blogs to see!
 
.Friday 7th June

Friday 14th June
Julie @ Jolie Maxtin
Melissa @ Melia Mae Quilting
Adrianne @ On The Windy Side
Molli @ Molli Sparkles
Laura @ Little And Lots
Valerie @ Between Quilts

Friday 21st June
Leigh Anne @ Ella's Cottage
Stacey @ The Tilted Quilt
Sarah @ Quilt Candy
Jackie @ NW Patchwork
Erica @ Happy Fabric
Stephanie @ Simple Sewendipity
Lauren @ Seraphym

Friday 28th June
Green @ So Sew Green
Gwendellyn @ The Rainbow Revolts
Jessica @ Stitched In Thyme
Kathy @ Kayak Quilting
Michelle @ Factotum Of Arts
Kris @ Sew Sunshine
Camilla @ Faffling

Friday 5th July
Friday 12th July
Friday 19th July
Kelsy and Amanda @ Everyday Fray
Ella and Nesta @ Ella & Nesta's Little Room
Nicole @ Modern Handcraft
Aylin @ AyliN-Nilya

Friday 26th July
RobinSue @ RobinSue Quilts
Elisa @ Lovelea Designs
Elizabeth @ In The Boondocks
Emily @ Sew E.T.

5 comments:

Lorna McMahon said...

That is one smart looking little quilt! Great pics, too. Even though I started following your blog beforehand... I'm glad to be a part of the Summer Blog Hop with you!

Lorna:)
http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News.
Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thank you

My page ... Jana (http://e2network.org/e2network/link/39307)

Trepmom said...

Your fishing quilt is nice. Is it for your dear hubby? I should make one for mine... Actually, he's already on the list. Maybe I should move him up to the top :) enjoy your me day tomorrow. I hope you get lots of sewing done!

Anonymous said...

A motivating disсussion is ԁefinitely worth comment.
I bеlieѵe that you оught to publish
more about this subject mаttеr, it may nοt bе a taboo matter but geneгally folks
don't discuss such subjects. To the next! Best wishes!!http://www.china-certification.com/en/what-is-ccc

Kim said...

Great quilt!! In my mind's eye I can see your gorgeous quilt draped on a chair with the fisherman snoozing by the fire!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...